Find Your Local Injury Lawyer
Home > accident types > Military Accident Claims > Military Criminal Injury Claims

Military Criminal Injury Claims

Have you suffered injuries as a result of a criminal assault whilst serving in the Armed Forces?  If the answer is yes, you may be able to make military criminal injury claims.

When military personnel become victims of criminal assaults, whether by another member of the Armed Force or by an outsider, they can make compensation claims.  There are a number of ways in which military criminal injury claims can be made.

Firstly, it can be made directly against the assailant.  But according to expert solicitors, this is not a good idea.  The reason for this is even if you win your claim you may not be able to recover compensation from the person at fault.

Secondly, a claim can be made against the Ministry of Defence.  But, this is only possible if you have been injured in a criminal attack during the course of your work.  Moreover, you will need to prove that your employer which in this case is the MOD exposed you to the foreseeable risk of injury.

The third way to make a military criminal injury claim is via the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.  If your injury occurred within the UK, you can claim compensation through this government body.

Members of the Armed Forces are often required to travel throughout the country and also worldwide.  This means that they can become victims of criminal attacks not only in the UK, but also in another country.  If you have been injured in another country, it doesn’t mean that you cannot recover compensation.  The procedure for seeking financial compensation is somewhat complicated, but it is quite possible under the Ministry Of Defence’s Criminal Injuries Compensation (Overseas) Scheme.

Contact Us Today

Have you been a victim of military criminal injury? If so, why not get in touch with a member of our team for free legal advice. has highly experienced solicitors who can discuss your case with you and provide assistance in bringing a claim against the responsible party.

To speak to one of our solicitors, call us on our free telephone number or you can request a call back by filling in the quick claim form on our website.

Find your local injury lawyer

We connect people directly with local firms of experienced personal injury lawyers. Simply enter your postcode below to view our recommended firm closest to you.

Working with the best solicitors throughout the UK

Morrisons Solicitors Burroughs Day Warner Goodman Armstrong James Williamsons Solicitors Graham Evans McKinnells Solicitors Hawkins Solicitors Howlett Clarke Shires Law