Lorry Accident Claims
Being involved in a road accident can be a terrifying experience and things can be even worse if a lorry is involved.
Due to the sheer size of these vehicles, road accidents involving them can cause a great deal of damage and severe injuries. Inexperienced drivers and those who are not used to driving long distances are quite vulnerable to lorry accidents. This is because such drivers are not exactly aware of the importance of giving margin for error and space to other vehicles.
If you have sustained injuries as a result of a lorry accident, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation.
Lorry accidents can take place under numerous circumstances. Sometimes, it is the carelessness of lorry drivers that cause accidents. Serious lorry accidents can have fatal consequences.
Given below are examples of situations which can give rise to lorry accidents
- Lorry getting involved in a head on collision on a single carriageway
- Lorry cutting in front of a vehicle
- Failure of the lorry driver to look for passing vehicles on the road before moving out
- Lorry jackknifing in slippery conditions resulting in multiple vehicle collisions
- Vehicles ahead of the lorry braking hard and quickly for the driver to slow down
Aside from the carelessness of the lorry driver, there are numerous causes of lorry accidents. These include:
- Overloaded vehicles
- High winds
- Failure to look around
- Use of mobile phones
- Driving whilst drunk or drugged
- Driver fatigue
- Low bridges
- Technical problem with the vehicles
Making A Claim
Being involved in a lorry accident can put you in a strong position to make a lorry accident claim if you were not the one at fault.
But, it is always a good idea to seek legal advice before deciding to start a claim.
At wincompensation.com, our solicitors can provide expert legal advice and also help you bring a claim.
If you would like to find out your options in regards to making a claim, call us now on our free telephone number and talk to a member of our team.
You can also fill in the quick online claim form on our website and request a call back.